thanks for editing my article
Why did you deleted the "Seal of Damnation" page?
- I deleted it because you blanked it. I'm just doing cleanup here, and blank pages are to be cleaned up. Please sign your talk page posts with 4 tildes, or use the signature button on the edit bar. Thanks. -- Wynthyst talk 03:50, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
Blank!? What the... im sure i made it like the other FB skills :\
- I can restore it, but you will see that the last thing that is in the page history, is the IP address that created it, blanked it... -- Wynthyst talk 16:27, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
- Restored. Again, please check the page history and you will see that it was left blanked by the IP that created it. -- Wynthyst talk 16:28, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
Why did you delete my credits on the Amp vs Crit page? Isn't it allowed to put credits on your own work :S?
- Wikis aren't about credits. and no, you don't put credits on mainspace articles, because they are collaboratively edited. The page history is all the attribution you get. -- Wynthyst talk 15:45, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I know that I've been offline for a couple weeks now, but that can't be helped in my situation, but I logged on today and noticed that Naut has been doing alot in my place. I would like to recommend him/her an admin position as well due to their consistency with making good corrections. Thanks! --- Valdoroth 08:30, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
I don't want admin permissions. Please make the link for "Kantanas" on the front page point to "Kanatans" not "Katana". Similarly please make the link "Great Swords" point to "Great Swords" not "Great Sword". --- Naut
- Singular is generally the norm on wiki articles. That being said, I have corrected the main page links. -- Wynthyst talk 16:51, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
The only reason for this request is that there is an item in game called "Katana" and "Great Sword" and the main page should not point to those articles which include details of these single objects rather it should point to the broader class of Katanas and Great Swords available in game. Btw can you do the same for "Blades" on front page as well. Please make it point to "Blades". Thank you. -- Naut 02:48, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
Hi I posted a few bugs about code tags and broken category pages in the wiki to Tesla a while back but he seems busy. Wondering if you could take a look at them because I'm not sure how to fix them. Check out his talk page for description of the problem. It would be nice if the code tag could be fixed in the css vector file rather than adding some extra markup code to every page that uses the code tag. Thanks --Naut 20:55, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- That should take care of both of them. -- Wynthyst talk 21:46, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
I think it's best to keep Cabal and Cabal II wiki separate. My understanding is Cabal will continue as its own game after Cabal II comes out and there's no reason to think that there will be a lot of overlap between the two games; Cabal II does not just seem to be Cabal with better graphics. The unique gameplay like the combo system and character classes may be similar but I'm sure there's going to be considerable differences to the point they are considered separate games. I think it would just get confusing to try to merge the two games into one site. I think the amount of redirects and disambigs will be minimal considering it's likely the equipment, skills, bestiary and dungeons will all be different. That is not to say that a lot of the Cabal information will be useless. I'm sure many of the templates and back-end wiki stuff will be of use.
Of course my opinion may change once more info about Cabal II comes out. If we find that cabal II is basically the same game as Cabal then it may make more sense to combine the games. --Naut 05:36, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your prompt response. I want you to know that your efforts on this wiki are recognized and appreciated, and your opinions are valued. As more information about Cabal II becomes available we will continue to review the options, and as release gets closer, it's probable that the Cabal II information will be given the forefront, though this wiki will never cease to support Cabal as long as the game is live. I hope that you will continue to participate and contribute (to either or both games) as time goes on. I will keep you posted as we make more decisions. -- Wynthyst talk 05:42, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
New abuse filters
I had suggestion of two additional abuse filters. Implemented the first.
- Block users creating a page that is the same title as their user name.
- Block creation of a User: & User Talk: page within 5 days after creating an account.
Seems like 99% of new accounts are bots anyway I don't think these will have much effect on regular users. Also perhaps improving the captcha used to verify the humanity of an account creator may help.
Also, the "Large Spam Pages" filter does not seem to block users when its activated as it's supposed to.
---Naut 23:18, 25 March 2012 (UTC)
- We are implementing a new captcha this week across the network that will hopefully eliminate the great majority of this. -- Wynthyst talk 06:32, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
New captcha seems to be working well however the blocking rule for filter #1 ("Large Spam Pages") doesn't seem to be working. I notice the abuse log has many entries from the same ip triggering filter #1 but the ip is never blocked from further editing as it should. --Naut 13:49, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
- See that. I have recreated the filter, and disabled the original. It's possible that because the hit numbers are so high, it glitched. We will see if that helps. -- Wynthyst talk 18:27, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Hi, is there a way to store data in some sort of database that's maintained by Curse and then reference it in the wiki? It would make maintaining the pages easier. Also, is there a reason a bunch of images are now broken (eg. http://cabal.gamepedia.com/File:Ring_of_Luck%2B2.png) -- Naut42 (talk) 04:32, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- The + sign is what has broken the images, I will get our team to fix it. The wiki is built on a SQL database... the best I could do is a data namespace but where is this data coming from?
- BTW, we are starting a new initiative to include our community admins better in our communications, etc. The initiative includes a rewards program. If you are interested in participating, please email me with your contact info (email address and real mail address) and I will get you added to our list. In case I haven't said it lately, I do really appreciate all you do for this wiki. You have pretty much single handedly kept it alive. I just wish I could get the US Forum admins to recognize it the way the EU ones have. -- Wynthyst talk 10:15, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- I just talked to our team, and they tell me it's a limitation of our CDN that images cannot have + in their names. I've asked them to retrieve the ones that do from the database and send them to me for renaming, and I will reupload them as soon as I can. -- Wynthyst talk 15:00, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- Ok.. here's what's going to happen, all the images with +'s in their names are going to be moved using underscores to replace the + signs. I hope that is an acceptable alternative. -- Wynthyst talk 15:29, 6 September 2013 (UTC)